EAP: Sales Tax Amount is not removed from Voucher Total when the Line is deleted
(Doc ID 1980026.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 08, 2019
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN Payables - Version 9.1 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Voucher header amount and sum of invoice lines amount are not in sync when sales/excise tax is enabled for a payables business unit and a mulit-line voucher is created with sales tax for only one line of the voucher then later
sales/excise tax is disabled at business unit level and the invoice line with sales tax calculated is deleted.
The result is the merchandise amt of the deleted line is removed from voucher's gross amount but the sales tax amounts is not deducted.
Expect sales tax amount to be deducted from the voucher's gross amount as well so that the voucher header amount and sum of invoice lines amount will be in sync.
1. Make sure Business Unit tax applicability shows Sales Tax / VAT (Purchase) checked
2. Make sure Vendor is checked for sales tax
3. Create a voucher with 3 invoice lines and Sales Tax for line 1 alone and save the voucher
3. Now disable the Sales Tax on the business unit tax applicability page
4. Delete the line 1 in the voucher which have Sales Tax
5. Try to save and click OK to message "Header amounts exceed line amounts by 1000.00. Would you like to apply the difference to Gross Amount ? (7460,14)" and all other subsequent messages
The sales/ Excise tax amount exists in the voucher even after the line which is sales/excise tax applicable is deleted from the voucher.
- Even if the total is manually adjusted, still cannot save the voucher and it appears as unbalanced.
- Query of PS_VOUCHER table shows STX_TAX_AMT and STX_TAX_AMT_BSE still populated with sales tax amount of line 1 which was deleted
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document