EGL: Reversal Journals Created By FSPCCURR With Inactived Cf's Partially Post To Ledger
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 14, 2016
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN General Ledger - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 9.2 version, Multi-currency
For Revaluation and Translation journal entries that are created as a reversal, if a chartfield is closed as of the date of the reversal, PeopleSoft is flagging the line in error (JRNL_LINE_STATUS = 1) on the JRNL_LN table, marking the journal as Posted, but the lines for the closed CF do not make it to the Ledger. All other lines in the entry do Post, just not the closed cf’s.
The inactived CF lines should be posted to the ledger for the reversal accounting period.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. For a Revaluation Step that is marked to Reverse in the next period – enter and post a journal dated 5/15/2014 that hits the accounts used in the step and create an FX balance in the Ledger for the current period.
2. Inactivate the department code used in the entry effective 6/1/2014.
3. Create from/to currency exchange rates dated 5/30/2014 to ensure a currency fluctuation.
4. Run the multicurrency process on the business unit, with As of Date 5/30/2014.
5. Verify journals are created. Adjusting journal for current period 5 is Posted, Reversal in period 6 is in V status, although the JRNL_LINE_STATUS field on the JRNL_LINE table indicates 1 – Uncorrected Errors.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms