EGL9.2: Reversal Journals Created By Multi-currency Process(FSPCCURR) Get Partially Posted To Ledger If They Have Any Lines With Inactive Chartfields
(Doc ID 1981436.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 05, 2019
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN General Ledger - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Reversal Journals created by Multi-currency Revaluation and Translation process get partially posted, if these journals have any chartfield that stands inactive wrt the date by which reversal journal is posted. PeopleSoft is flagging the particular line with inactive chartfield in error (JRNL_LINE_STATUS = 1) on the JRNL_LN table & marking the journal header status as Posted, but the lines for the inactive chartfield do not make it to the Ledger. All other lines in the entry are posted.
Steps to Replicate:
1. For a Revaluation Step that is marked to Reverse in the next period – enter and post a journal dated 5/15/2014 that hits the accounts used in the step and create an FX balance in the Ledger for the current period.
2. Inactivate the department code used in the entry effective 6/1/2014.
3. Create from/to currency exchange rates dated 5/30/2014 to ensure a currency fluctuation.
4. Run the multicurrency process on the business unit, with As of Date 5/30/2014.
5. Verify journals are created. Adjusting journal for current period 5 is Posted, Reversal in period 6 is in V status, although the JRNL_LINE_STATUS field on the JRNL_LINE table indicates 1 – Uncorrected Errors.
Reversal journal gets reedited during post process & hence the inactive chartfield lines are marked in error & cause partial posting of journal.
The inactivated chartfield lines should be posted to the ledger for the reversal accounting period.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document