E-PORTAL: PORTAL_CSS Checks Accessible EOAW_HISTORY_VIEW, EOAW_REDIRECT When it Should not
Last updated on JULY 05, 2016
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise PT PeopleTools - Version 8.51 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 8.51 version, Portal Technology
It appears the PORTAL_CSS does not check if at least one page under a component is not hidden from navigation, before recursively adding folder permissions to the PSPRSMPERM table. Once PORTAL_CSS is run, if there are only hidden items selected under a component, like EOAW_HISTORY_VIEW & EOAW_REDIRECT for instance, the folder still becomes visible.
It is expected that the PORTAL_CSS program will not make 'Accessible' when it should not
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Add Menu EOAW_APPROVAL_WORKFLOW to a permission list.
2. Select All for Components: EOAW_HISTORY_VIEW, EOAW_REDIRECT
3. Save Permission List.
4. Open Menu EOAW_APPROVAL_WORKFLOW.
5. Next to components EOAW_HISTORY_VIEW, EOAW_REDIRECT click "View Content References for this Component".
6. Verify the "Accessible" check box is not checked.
7. Run PORTAL_CSS from PeopleTools>Portal>Portal Security Sync.
8. Open Permission list you added component rights mentioned above in steps 1-2.
9. Repeat steps 4-6. This time "Accessible" is checked.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms