On Disability table, Disabled Field and Disability Status USA Fields can be Contradictory
Last updated on JULY 07, 2016
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise HCM Human Resources - Version 9 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On Disability table, Disabled field and Disability Status USA fields can be contradictory, and may not reflect the intention of the employee whose signature is captured.
The Disabled field and the Disability Status USA fields should always be consistent; or it should be clear that one is determined by the administrator and the other is determined by the employee. The administrator should not be able to change data entered by the employee; or, if the administrator does change the value of Disability Status USA field, the employee signature (HR_EE_SIGNATURE) should be removed and possibly replaced with the name of the user that changed it.
1. Log in as employee and navigate to Disability page through Self Service. Update the disability information.
2. Log in as administrator and note the disclosure date. (Employee signature is not displayed.)
3. Query the Disability table to see the HR Employee Signature (HR_EE_SIGNATURE).
4. As administrator, change the Disability Status USA field in the 503 Section. Observe that the Disability field at the top of the page changes.
At this point, the two fields are consistent with each other, but different from what the employee self-identified. The presence of the employee signature and date implies that the employee provided this information, which is not incorrect.
5. As administrator, change the Disability field at the top of the page. Observe that the Disability Status USA field does not change.
Now the two fields are contradictory with each other, AND, the field in the 503 section is not what was entered by the employee.
Due to this issue, reports could show incorrect information; the information provided by the employee has been compromised.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms