EAR9.2: Unpost Payment or Maintenance Worksheet is Running in Budget Status Error With Exception E97.
(Doc ID 1991145.1)
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 25, 2023
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN Receivables - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 9.2 version, Revenue Est & Commit Cntrl
Unposting a Payment or Maintenance Worksheet is running in budget status Error with exception E97 (Budget Definition not Found).
As a result of this the Collected Revenue is not reversed and journal generator is not generating journals for Unpost transactions.
Unposting a Payment or Maintenance Worksheet should not be running in budget status Error with exception E97 (Budget Definition not Found).
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
- Enable commitment control for Billing, General Ledger and Receivables.
- Make sure Fund Code is set to Always Inherit for Inheritance Group 'Receivables and Billing'.
- For the Ledger Group used make sure to enable 'IntraUnit Balancing Entries' and make Fund Code a balanced chartfield.
- Open Budget Definition for revenue and make sure Control Option = Track w/o Budget. Account, Department and Fund Code are required chartfields.
- Open the Receivables Options, enable ‘Synchronize Budget Date’ and disable ‘Budget Date Override’.
- Enter and post a budget journal for the revenue budget..
- Create a new bill for just 1 line.
- Enter Rev Distribution for Account, Department and Fund Code (same as budget).
- Enter AR Offset.
- Change status to RDY and save changes.
- Run Finalize and Print Invoices.
- Run Load Invoices to AR.
- Run Create Accounting Entries.
- Run Request Budget Check.
- Verify Recognized Revenue is updated.
- Run AR_UPDATE to post item.
- Create a regular deposit.
- Build payment worksheet.
- Apply Payment.
- Run AR_UPDATE.
- Verify item is closed.
- Verify Collected Revenue is updated.
- Navigate to Accounts Receivable > Receivables Update > Unpost Groups > Payment Group and Unpost payment.
- Run AR_UPDATE.
- Collected Revenue is NOT reversed! This is wrong.
- Navigate to Accounts Receivable > Receivables Update > Revenue Estimates > Review Transactions by Item.
- Unpost transaction is running in Budget Status Error. PS_KK_EXCPTN_TBL.EXCPTN_TYPE = E97.
- Navigate to Commitment Control > Review Budget Check Exceptions > Revenues > Revenue Estimate. Budget Exception is ‘Budget Definition not Found’.
- The source of the problem is in PS_AR_CC_TRAN_TBL where BUDGET_DT is blank for all Unpost transactions.
- When BUDGET_DT is blank, all transactions will run into budget error E97 (Budget Definition not Found).
- Journal generator is not able to generate journals if the commitment control transaction is in Error.
- Run journal generator for Billing. Journal is generated and posted.
- Run journal generator for AR_PAYMENT. Journal is generated and posted.
- Run journal generator for AR_MAINT (this is the Unpost). 0 Journals created. Journal generator is not able to generate journals if the commitment control transaction is in Error.
The issue has the following business impact:
Due to this issue, the Collected Revenue is incorrect and users are not able to generate and post journal for the Unpost transaction.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document