ECRM: HTML Tags in Case "Problem Description" Field When The Case is Created From ERMS Inbound Email
(Doc ID 1992809.1)
Last updated on JULY 22, 2020
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise CRM HelpDesk for HR - Version 9.1 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
HTML tags appear on case description field when the case is automatically created from ERMS.
HTML should be hidden and email should be in correct format for end user (without HTML tags)
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
- Create a new case and a note
- Select the new note and email the note to the employee
- First email is outbound email from the case sent by the agent. The formatting is correct. The employee now replies to the email.
- Reply is picked up by ERMS and processed as Inbound Email. Find Inbound Email at: Correspondence > Search Inbound Email.
- Inbound email gets posted to the case. The Inbound Email looks correct (no HTML tags). (Go to case notes for the case and confirm: Support (or 'Helpdesk' for employee internal cases) > Search Cases)
- Click on 'Notification' icon from the toolbar of the case and choose "Reply to Existing Email Thread".
- Click 'OK' button. Notice the outbound email shows the HTML tags.
- Hit SEND....notice that the Outbound Notification note....also shows the HTML tags.
- Email received by the employee or customer also has the HTML tags.
Due to this issue, users cannot send and receive email through ERMS without HTML tags being hidden.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document