Life Plan Employee Rates Are Not Changing When Age Range Changes
Last updated on JANUARY 04, 2018
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise HCM Human Resources - Version 9.1 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 9.1 version, Base Benefits
Issue with Calculation Rules and Premium Charge
A benefit setup for Critical Illness requires the use of the Calculation Rules Table. Premiums are based on employee age. The calculation rules table section for Demographics has an Option for determining age in a field labeled 'Use Age As Of'. Currently the option selected uses the Initial Coverage Date. The current Calculation Rules Table Effective Date is 10/29/12.
The issue - an employee who was initially enrolled on 12/28/12 with coverage begin date of 1/1/13. The employee date of birth is 1/10/67. This should mean the employee calculated age was 45 as of 1/1/13. The premium was correct for the initial enrollment. An update at the employee level for Critical Illness Coverage was entered on 11/30/14 with coverage begin date as of 1/1/15. This should mean the employee calculated age was 47 as 1/1/15. The premium was expected to change based on the increased age. However, it remained the same.
Wen changes are made to employee's coverage the customer expects the system to recalculate the age of the employee as of the certain date and adjust the deductions accordingly
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Create a New Rule table and use for Demographic, Determine Age as of Initial Coverage Begin Date
2. Use the previously created rule at Program level and set different deductions for different age groups
3. Enroll an employee that fits in Age Group 1 in the program and elect the certain plan
4. Notice that the deductions are correct
5. Make some changes to the enrollment After 2-3 years and notice that even if the employee should fit in Age Group 2 the deductions are not actual
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms