EPY: Specific Scenario Causing Confirm to Abend with 'OUT OF SEQ' Error is not Identified by the Pay Calculation Process.
(Doc ID 1995005.1)
Last updated on OCTOBER 08, 2019
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise HCM Payroll for North America - Version 9.1 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Issue causing Confirm to abend with an 'OUT OF SEQ' error is not identified by Pay Calc process.
1. Employee has NonTaxable STD and LTD benefit deductions
2. Customer wants to negate them, so processes refund transactions through the PYLOAD process
3. Unfortunately, the same deduction code is erroneously used in PYLOAD to process the refund for the two different benefit plans.
4. PYLOAD creates the additional addl #s as expected - no error
5. Payroll is calculated. Employee calculates successfully - no error
6. Pay Confirm is run and abends with an Out of Sequence error
7. Trace file points to the employee with the wrong (mismatch) deduction code, issuing error 000005 Deduction Code Not Found
This type of condition would not occur when information entered online as there are PeopleCode validations that would catch this.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document