Last updated on MARCH 14, 2017
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN General Ledger - Version 9.1 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Allocation does not create primary ledger line whereas generates translate ledger line when the pool has 0 amount for primary ledger but translate
ledger has amount populated. When the journal is edited, journal is in error with error
Header Error - "Journal is not balanced on journal totals or balancing chartfields."
Line Error - "Invalid currency for translation secondary ledger caused incorrect base curr on primary ledger."
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Set up multibook ledger with translate ledger.
- Primary ledger in USD and Translate ledger in GBP.
- 2 business units are used in the replication, One is pool business unit and another is Basis business unit.
>> Both have base currency = GBP.
>> Both have Currency Balancing Option = Balance by All Currencies.
2. Create 2 journals for a set of account and department (say Account A / Department A and Account A / Department B).
- Primary ledger lines - both Foreign Currency and Base Currency = GBP.
- Translate ledger lines - Foreign Currency = GBP, Base Currency = USD.
3. Create another journal for the same ledger group but manipulate translate ledger.
- Remove exchange rate, rate type and base amount.
- Batch edit it with "recalc exchange rate" turned off.
- Post journal so the primary ledger amount as 0 ( for Account A / Department A - posted base amount and posted transaction amount need to be 0).
- Translate ledger will have amounts populated.
- The journals in step 2 and 3 would be used as pool data for allocations.
4. To create the basis data, create a statistical journal (say Account S / Department A and Account S / Department B).
5. Setup Arithmetic Allocation - step 1 and 2 as pool. Step 4 as basis.
6. Run Allocation without journal edit options.
7. Review Allocation journal created. Note below:
- There is a missing line for primary ledger.
- Foreign currency on the translate ledger for which corresponding primary ledger line is missing, does not have correct currency.
8. Run journal edit on allocation journal with "re-calc" option turned ON.
9. Review the journal after edit and note journal is in error (jrnl_hdr_status is E).
- The error - "Invalid currency for translation secondary ledger caused incorrect base curr on primary ledger. "
- Also, journal edit created the missing line for the primary ledger. The base currency is incorrect - due to which the error appeared.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms