Last updated on AUGUST 05, 2015
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise HCM Human Resources - Version 9 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When attempting to add a visa for a person, the system inserts additional rows into the setup table for supporting documents (VISA_PERMIT_SUP). As a result, the setup table will contain superfluous rows. For example, the customer found 548 rows instead of the expected 12. This causes sporadic errors when using the visa component online. It also interferes with custom reports and processes that use this table.
1) Find a row in VISA_PERMIT_SUP and note the COUNTRY, VISA_PERMIT_TYPE & EFFDT.
2) Navigate to Campus Community -> Personal Information (Student) -> Identification (Student) -> Citizenship -> Visa Permit Data
3) Find a person without any Visa records (although I don't think that matters) and enter some minimal data to match the row in VISA_PERMIT_SUP:
a) Country, Type and Effective Date should match.
b) I set Status: Granted, Status Date in the past and leave Duration Type as Months although I'd be surprised if any of that matters.
c) Don't click "Get Supporting Documents" or fill anything else out.
4) Exit the component, and then go back in. Add a new row and it will copy all of the data you already filled in but set the effective date to today. Save.
5) A new row with today's date will have been added to VISA_PERMIT_SUP. If you have multiple document types that match the initial information, multiple rows will be inserted.
If you then delete the Visa data on the Visa Permit Data page, it will remove the row(s) from VISA_PERMIT_SUP.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms