Last updated on AUGUST 12, 2016
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise SCM Inventory - Version 9.2 and later
PeopleSoft Enterprise SCM Order Management - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Enhancement Request to issue a warning when overpicking a demand line for a Sales Order line and:
* the requested quantity on the Sales Order line is going to be fully fulfilled due to the overpicking,
* there are remaining open Backorders which should be cancelled.
Currently no warning is issued when overpicking a demand line for a Sales Order line and the requested quantity on the Sales Order line is going to be fully fulfilled due to the overpicking. Also the Sales Order can be closed by running the 'Order Close Process' process (OMCLOSE).
As a result there may be remaining open Backorders at various stages which are still linked to the closed Sales Order. Stock reserved against these Backorders cannot be used to fulfill other demand lines for open Sales Orders. These Backorders are also taken into account as demand by the Replenishment process and Supply Planning leading to the creation of uneeded Requisitions/Purchase Orders.
Steps to replicate the issue:
- Available quantity for an Item is 100.
- Create a Sales Order for the Item and a quantity 110.
- Reserve the demand line. Since a quantity of 100 only is available > 100 get reserved and a backorder is created for a quantity of 10.
- Release the first demand line.
- Receive a PO or record an Express Putaway for a quantity > 10.
- Overpick the released demand line to 110, ship, and deplete it > at this staged you have shipped the requested quantity on the Sales Order.
- Run OM_BILL and then OMCLOSE:
> the Sales Order is closed because the shipped quantity = 110 = Sales Order quantity)
> the Backorder for the quantity if 10 is still open and waiting to be fulfilled.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms