EGL9.1+: PV_ATT_DB_SRV Still Has Orphaned Attachments Even After Applying The Fix From Bundle #30 (Bug 17923815)
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 27, 2017
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN General Ledger - Version 9.1 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
After applying below fix, which is included in FMS Financials 9.1 Bundle #30 (Bundle Update ID: 903666)
Journal Entry 17923815 ATTACHMENT NOT DELETED FROM DATABASE TABLE PV_ATT_DB_SRV WHEN CANCELLED
- "Modified the page design to remove the Cancel button on the journal entry attachments page.
- This modification was needed to avoid the attachment being orphaned and remaining in PV_ATT_DB_SRV when user uploads and clicks Cancel on the page.
- Also fixed additional issue of attachment row not being deleted when user clicks the Delete button for a newly added row."
It is noted this fix resolved part of the problem but not all of it.
This same problem still exists, ie the attachment being orphaned and remaining in PV_ATT_DB_SRV table when user uploads and clicks Cancel on the page:
- if a user adds an attachment in the attachment page, then click Cancel instead of Save upone leave the Journal Entry page.
If a user adds an attachment in the attachment page, then click Cancel instead of Save upone leave the Journal Entry page, attachement should also be removed from PV_ATT_DB_SRV table.
Issue can be replicated at will with below steps:
1. Add an attachment on Journal Entry > Header tab by clicking Attachment Link, adding attachment and clicking OK.
2. After above step #1, journal header shows 1 attachment.
3. Now click Return to Search to go back to journal entry search page.
4. Click 'Cancel' on Pop-up message "Save Warning. You have unsaved data on this page. Click OK to go back and save, or CANCEL to continue.".
5. Return to the journal entry search page and bring up the same journal, it shows no attachments.
6. Run a query on the PV_ATT_DB_SRV table and note the attached doc is listed.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms