Error Forwarding Applicant if the Resume Title has a Special Character: "Invalid Parameter xxxx for functionGetFile.(2,116)"
Last updated on MARCH 09, 2017
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise HCM Talent Acquisition Manager - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When attempting to use the Forward Applicant functionality in 9.2 receive error if resume title for applicant has special characters, the following error occurs.
Invalid parameter E:\PT8.53\appserv\HRDEV92/Files/199387test..html for functionGetFile.(2,116) HRS_ARM_.CMP_HRS_APP_FWRD.BUS.FowardApplicant.OnExecute Name:SendForwardApplicantEmail
PCPC:13263 Statement: 201
Called from:HRS_ARM.CMP_HRS_APP_FWRD.BUC.ApplicantForwardController.OnExecute Name:doAction Statement:34
Called from:HRS_APP_FWRD.GBL.HRS_CRSP_WRK.HRS_\crsp_SEND.FieldChange Statement:32
The specified parameter is not correct for the function. It may be the wrong type of parameter (string, number, record.field,etc) or an invalid value in this context.
Review the program for errors. If necessary, run a PeopleCode trace to determine the program that failed. Alternatively, for functions defined within PeopleCode, check the function declaration to verify that they are correct.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Main Menu, Recruiting, Search Job Openings, Manage Job Openings
2. While applying select the option of “Paste Resume”. The resume title kept was “test.” Please note that at the end of the title, there is a dot. Application was submitted successfully.
3. Log into the application and look for the applicant.
4. Select the applicant and use the action Forward Applicant to an email ID, email ID of the recruiter. When clicking on the send button the error message above is shown.
Steps to Recreate:
1. Go to Careers site as an applicant and apply for a JO
2. On resume options, choose Copy & Paste Resume. Make sure resume title has a special character: \ / : * > < >
a) Entered the following in Resume Title: Test: This is my resume 3/3/2015
3. Finish applying for JO
4. Log in as recruiter and search for applicant that just applied for the JO
a) Recruiting > Search Applications
5. On the Search Applications page for applicant, click on Other Actions dropdown > Applicant Actions > Forward Applicant.
6. Enter information to forward applicant information.
7. Click Send
8. Notice error message shows:
Open of file E:\psoft\domains\appserv\HR92DMO\Files\600209Test: This is my resume 3\3\2015.html failed: Invalid argument. (2,633) HRS_ARM.CMP_HRS_APP_FWRD.BUS.ForwardApplicant.OnExecute Name:SendForwardApplicantEmail PCPC:13263 Statement:201
Called from:HRS_ARM.CMP_HRS_APP_FWRD.BUS.ApplicantForwardController.OnExecute Name:doAction Statement:34
Called from:HRS_APP_FWRD.GBL.HRS_CRSP_WRK.HRS_CRSP_SEND.FieldChange Statement:32
The open could not be completed because of the error.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms