How to Resolve a Change Request with a Budget Fail Status
Last updated on JULY 07, 2016
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise SCM eProcurement - Version 9.1 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When the Change Request has a 'Budget Fail' status, the requisition must be edited such that the requisition will pass when it is budget checked.
If the fail was due to exceeding the budget, then reduce the requisition so that it WILL pass budget check. When Save and Submit are clicked, the requisition budget status will update from Error to Not Checked and the Change Request budget status will update from Budget Fail to Budget Not Checked.
Steps to recreate the issue:
- Create a 3 line Req
- Approve the Req
- Budget Check the Req and Source to a PO.
- Budget Check and Dispatch the purchase order.
- From Manage Requisitions, Edit the Requisition increasing any line quantity enough that the amount exceeds the available budget.
- Approve the Change Request. This action executes the FS_BP process which ends with a Budget Error.
- From Manage Requisitions, the Budget Status = Error and the Change Request budget status = Budget Fail.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms