E-PORTAL: User Personalization Sync IHub To Multiple Applications On Same IB Domain
(Doc ID 2003478.1)
Last updated on JULY 22, 2020
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise PT PeopleTools - Version 8.53 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
The peoplecode that syncs the User Personalizations and System Profile sync only works for one content provider when all content providers are hosted on the same domain.
The personalizations should arrive to each environment
So currently iHub only syncs to one environment (the default app server), we need to have it synced to all three.
Tools Version 8.53.15 for all env.
Application & Version iHub 9.1, HCM 9.2, ELM 9.2 and CS 9.0
The issue can be reproduced with the following steps:
1. All applications are sites on the same web logic domain, all applications use the same PSIGW.
2. In iHub, activate User Personalizations and System Profile sync in the Unified Navigation config
3. The peoplecode that syncs the personalizations takes the content uri of each remote node in the network, strips it to the base url and adds /PSIGW/PeopleSoftListeningConnector to send the info to HCM, ELM and CS.
4. because we have only one IB gateway, these links are for all applications the same.
5. The info is send to the default app server in the IB gateway configuration.
6. When we change the default app server, we see the personalizations arrive in another environment.
iHub only syncs to one environment
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document