Last updated on SEPTEMBER 21, 2016
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN Receivables - Version 9.1 to 9.1 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 9.1 version, Payment Worksheet
in Fin/SCM 9.1 Bundle 26, Tools 8.53
When building a payment worksheet for an unposted payment that was applied through lockbox and payment predictor, the payment amount and discount are not being applied correctly.
After running AR_UPDATE the item is still open, showing a balance equal to the discount amount.
The system should correctly calculate payment amount and discount when building a payment worksheet for an unposted payment that was applied through lockbox and payment predictor.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
- Payment predictor algorithm used is #DTL_TLR.
- Create and post a pending item including discount. Item amount is 102.50 USD, discount amount 2.05 USD.
- Retrieve Lockbox Files (AR25001.SQR)
- Run payment interface process (AR_PAYLOAD).
- Run payment predictor.
- Run ARUPDATE to post payment.
- Verify item is closed.
- Item Activity is looking fine. Payment (entry type PY) is 100.45 USD and Earned Discount (entry type DE) is 2.05 USD.
- Unpost payment.
- Run AR_UPDATE.
- Verify item is open again.
- Navigate to Accounts Receivable > Payments > Apply Payments > Create Worksheet and open payment worksheet that was unposted.
- Build payment worksheet.
- There is no Remaining amount, so payment can be posted. Please note Discount and Earned are NOT populated!
- Change posting action to Batch Standard.
- Run AR_UPDATE to post payment.
- Go to Accounts Receivable > Customer Accounts > Item Information > View/Update Item Details and note item is still open (for discount amount).
- Go to tab 'Item Activity'. Payment (entry type PY) is 98.40 USD and Unarned Discount (entry type DU) is 2.05 USD.
- This is wrong, Payment (entry type PY) should be 100.45 USD and discount should be Earned Discount (entry type DE).
The issue has the following business impact:
Due to this issue, items are partially paid while items should be fully paid.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms