EAR9.1: Payment and Discount Amount not Being Applied Correctly When Building Payment Worksheet for an Unposted Payment That Was Applied Through Lockbox and Payment Predictor.
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 21, 2016
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN Receivables - Version 9.1 to 9.1 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 9.1 version, Payment Worksheet
in Fin/SCM 9.1 Bundle 26, Tools 8.53
When building a payment worksheet for an unposted payment that was applied through lockbox and payment predictor, the payment amount and discount are not being applied correctly.
After running AR_UPDATE the item is still open, showing a balance equal to the discount amount.
The system should correctly calculate payment amount and discount when building a payment worksheet for an unposted payment that was applied through lockbox and payment predictor.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
- Payment predictor algorithm used is #DTL_TLR.
- Create and post a pending item including discount. Item amount is 102.50 USD, discount amount 2.05 USD.
- Retrieve Lockbox Files (AR25001.SQR)
- Run payment interface process (AR_PAYLOAD).
- Run payment predictor.
- Run ARUPDATE to post payment.
- Verify item is closed.
- Item Activity is looking fine. Payment (entry type PY) is 100.45 USD and Earned Discount (entry type DE) is 2.05 USD.
- Unpost payment.
- Run AR_UPDATE.
- Verify item is open again.
- Navigate to Accounts Receivable > Payments > Apply Payments > Create Worksheet and open payment worksheet that was unposted.
- Build payment worksheet.
- There is no Remaining amount, so payment can be posted. Please note Discount and Earned are NOT populated!
- Change posting action to Batch Standard.
- Run AR_UPDATE to post payment.
- Go to Accounts Receivable > Customer Accounts > Item Information > View/Update Item Details and note item is still open (for discount amount).
- Go to tab 'Item Activity'. Payment (entry type PY) is 98.40 USD and Unarned Discount (entry type DU) is 2.05 USD.
- This is wrong, Payment (entry type PY) should be 100.45 USD and discount should be Earned Discount (entry type DE).
The issue has the following business impact:
Due to this issue, items are partially paid while items should be fully paid.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms