EAM: Incorrect Depreciation when a Recategorization from Non-Depreciable to Depreciable and a Transfer for the Same Asset Are Processed in the Same Run
(Doc ID 2004355.1)
Last updated on MARCH 13, 2019
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN Asset Management - Version 9.1 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Depreciation is calculated incorrectly if a recategorization transaction from a non-depreciable category to a depreciable category, and a subsequent transfer transaction, are processed in the same depreciation calculation run. Net book value is not zero at the end of the asset book's life.
The issue can be reproduced with the following steps:
1) Add an Asset using a Profile for a non-depreciable Category.
2) Run the Depreciation Calculation process for the ADD transaction.
3) Recategorize the Asset's Books to a depreciable Category.
4) Transfer the Asset's Books to a different Chartfield.
5) Run the Depreciation Calculation process for the RCT and TRF transactions.
6) Review the depreciation - Net Book Value is not zero at end of life.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!