Last updated on OCTOBER 06, 2016
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN Asset Management - Version 9.1 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Depreciation is calculated incorrectly if a recategorization transaction from a non-depreciable category to a depreciable category, and a subsequent transfer transaction, are processed in the same depreciation calculation run. Net book value is not zero at the end of the asset book's life.
The issue can be reproduced with the following steps:
1) Add an Asset using a Profile for a non-depreciable Category.
2) Run the Depreciation Calculation process for the ADD transaction.
3) Recategorize the Asset's Books to a depreciable Category.
4) Transfer the Asset's Books to a different Chartfield.
5) Run the Depreciation Calculation process for the RCT and TRF transactions.
6) Review the depreciation - Net Book Value is not zero at end of life.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms