EAP: Issue with Zero Dollar Voucher and Overflow Check's PYMNT_OVERFLOW_ID
Last updated on DECEMBER 04, 2017
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN Payables - Version 9.1 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When there is a Zero Dollar Check and an Overflow Check for another Vendor in the same Pay Cycle, on the PYMNT_ADVICE for the Vouchers appearing on the Overflow Check, the PYMNT_OVERFLOW_ID does not match the corresponding primary Check Number. The PYMNT_OVERFLOW_ID is showing the Check Number for the Zero Dollar Check.
For example, the primary Check Number is 100 and the Overflow Check Number is 101. The Zero Dollar Check Number is Z0000010000. So, on the PYMNT_ADVICE, for Check Number 101, the PYMNT_OVERFLOW_ID shows as Z0000010000 instead of 100.
Issue only occurs if the Payment Sort Field has Name 1 and the Name of the Vendor for the Zero Dollar Check is processed before the Vendor having the Overflow Check.
1. Navigate to Banking > Banks and Branches > Payment Forms > Form Information page
2. Form ID = CHECK1, Advice Location = Same report as check, Overflow Location = Same report as check, Advice Lines = 3
3. Sort Fields page has Payment Handling with Sequence = 1 and Name 1 with Sequence = 2
4. Created 5 Vouchers for 1st Vendor, (2 Credit Vouchers and 3 Debit Vouchers where debits exceed credits)
5. Created Zero Dollar Voucher (1 Credit Voucher line and 1 Debit Voucher line) for 2nd Vendor who's Vendor Name will come before the 1st Vendor's name
6. Create Debit Voucher for 3rd Vendor
7. Pay the Vouchers through the Pay Cycle
8. Check the Overflow Payments on the PYMNT_ADVICE table
9. The Overflow Payments has the PYMNT_OVERFLOW_ID for the Zero Dollar Check and not for the primary Check Number
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms