EGL9.1+: Journal When Copied Online Does Not Validate All Journal Lines With VAT
(Doc ID 2006226.1)
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 27, 2017
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN General Ledger - Version 9.1 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Journal when copied online does not validate all journal lines if the currenct selection has lines for VAT BU.
When attempting to copy a journal which had VAT enabled, but before copying VAT was disabled, the following error occurs.
Cannot Save this journal because part or all of this journal has been posted.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Create an interunit journal. 1st 10 lines for a VAT BU and next 2 for Non-VAT BU (ex: GBP01 and US001 respectively).
2. Use a VAT Account on all the 12 lines (Ex: 400000).
3. While creating the journal, under the VAT Link change the "VAT Applicability" from VAT Applicable to Not Applicable (VAT Link would appear only for VAT BU GBP01). This should be done for all 10 lines.
4. The other 2 lines for US001 will not have VAT Link, but use a VAT account.
5. Edit and post the journal.
6. Now navigate to Setup Financial > Common Definition > Design Chartfields > Define Values > Chartfield Values > Account.
Now change the VAT Account Flag for the account used on the journal. Old value – VAT Applicable, New Value - Non-VAT Related.
7. Bring the journal online. Copy the journal. Notice Cannot Save This Journal error pops up. Go to the next group which shows BU's for Not VAT lines. Copy the journal. Journal is copied this time.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document