When Updating a Supplier Contact on Supplier Portal, User Cannot Add New Effective Dated Row for Contact
Last updated on DECEMBER 13, 2016
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise SCM Purchasing - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When updating a supplier contact on Supplier portal, user cannot add new effective dated row for the contact.
There should be effective date logic on the Supplier portal to allow a new effective dated row to be added.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1) Login to EMPLOYEE portal and lookup Supplier ID USA0000001. This supplier has one contact. See that the Description field is not effective dated, but the contact Details info IS effective dated.
2) Login to SUPPLIER portal and navigate to Maintain Supplier Information > Contacts.
3) Click the Edit button on the contact.
4) See that there is no effective dated logic here. There should be effective date logic here allowing user to add a new row, as there is on the EMPLOYEE portal.
5) Change Description and add Email ID and phone number and save.
6) Login to EMPLOYEE portal and lookup Supplier ID USA0000001 again. See that the description field was updated which is correct since it does not fall in the effective dated details. However, the record with effective date 01/01/1900 was updated with the new Email ID and phone number. There should be effective date logic on the Supplier portal to allow a new effective dated row to be added.
The issue has the following business impact:
Due to this issue, users cannot update supplier contacts correctly.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms