Staging ID Marked in Error "The quantity entered for this item and UOM can only be a whole number" when Receiving a Purchase Order in a Different Unit of Measure (UOM) as on the PO
Last updated on AUGUST 04, 2016
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise SCM Purchasing - Version 9.1 to 9.1 [Release 9]
PeopleSoft Enterprise SCM Inventory - Version 9.1 to 9.1 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Staging ID's are marked in error with the below message (navigation: Inventory, Putaway Stock, Correct Staged Errors) when receiving a Purchase Order (PO) in a different Unit of Measure (UOM) as on the PO and changing the quantity before interfacing the Receipt to Inventory.
Steps to replicate the issue:
- Create a Purchasing/Inventory Item with a Standard UOM of 'Each'.
- Set up another UOM, say 'Case', as decimal, Conversion Rate 6.
- Create a PO for the Item and 1 Case.
- Dispatch the PO.
- Create a Receipt for 5 Each. Make sure the 'Interface Receipt' is NOT selected. Save and exit the page.
- Go back to the Receipt and change the quantity ti 1 Each > observe the badly rounded quantity in the 'Inventory Putaway Information' page.
- Select the 'Interface Receipt' check box and save.
- Go to the 'Correct Staged Errors' page and observe the above error.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms