EEX 9.2: Pre Pay Auditor Approval Level With Duplicates Exist Setting Configured At Refinement Template Is Skipped Even If Duplicates Exist In Expense Report
Last updated on MARCH 16, 2016
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN Expenses - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
The Expenses Approval Workflow seems to bypass the Pre Pay Auditor approval level even if Duplicates has been found in the submitted Expense Report. This has been detected if the Approver Profile for Pre Pay Auditor has been configured to have a Refinement Template for Expense Report transaction types, in which it has been set up only one single setting: Duplicates Exist = Y.
Theoretically, with the delivered functionality, at the time of creating a brand new Expense Report, the system performs validations to determine if any of the transaction lines entered has a duplicate in any previous, or even the current Expense Report. If that is affirmative, the system automatically updates the Fields EX_DPLCAT_COMMENT and DUPLICATES_EXIST from Record PS_EX_SHEET_LINE with the proper values, indicating that duplicate transactions have been found. As a result, when workflow is invoked, if the Refinement Template has flagged the option of 'Duplicates Exist', then the submitted Expense Report should be routed to the Pre Pay Auditor for review, to determine whether it is a valid duplicate, or a mistake that needs to be corrected.
This seems to be an issue since the fix from <Bug 17445248> got delivered in PeopleSoft Enterprise FSCM 9.2 Image #4.
- Create a brand new Refinement Template for Pre Pay Auditors and Expense Reports, where basically the only setting configured is Duplicates Exist = Y
- Link the new Refinement Template to the Pre Pay Auditor Approval Level
- Make sure to have at the Expense Report Transaction Definition level the HR Supervisor, and Pre Pay Auditor levels active
- Configure the necessary Approver List, and Approver Assignment for the Pre Pay Auditor approval level
- Proceed to create a new Expense Report ID, with one transaction line, (being this one unique in the system), and submit it for approval
- If all goes well, the Expenses Workflow routes the submitted Expense Report to HR Supervisor approval level, while the Pre Pay Auditor is skipped
- Create a second Expense Report for the same Employee, using the Copy From An Existing Expense Report functionality, by selecting the initial Expense Report created, this way we have an identical transaction
- Submit the second Expense Report for approval
- Confirm that at the Record PS_EX_SHEET_LINE, for the second Expense Report, the Field EE_DPLCAT_COMMENT contains the proper duplicate comments, as well that Field DUPLICATES_EXIST is set to Y
- When checking the submitted second Expense Report though, it can be seen how the workflow has still only routed the transaction to the HR Supervisor level, skipping altogether the Pre Pay Auditor approvals
To gather more information concerning this scenario and its related problem, refer to the available Replication Steps Word Document here linked containing the complete configuration and the replication steps necessary to reproduce the issue.
The Expense Report with duplicates detected is bypassing the required Pre Pay Auditor approval level, and as such, duplicate transactions could be not detected on time, and redundant double payments could be performed to the affected Employee. Pre Pay Auditor approval level losses its purpose on detecting, and correcting such situations if they occur.
If Duplicates have been detected, and flagged correctly, the Expenses Approval Workflow functionality should properly route the submitted Expense Report to the Pre Pay Auditor approval level so they can be reviewed, and determined if corrections are needed, or approval is valid.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms