E-QR: Download to Excel Unicode content does not display correctly in PeopleTools 8.54.11
Last updated on DECEMBER 06, 2016
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise PT PeopleTools - Version 8.54 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Checked for Currency: 06-DEC-2016
Query Unicode string content downloaded to Excel is not displayed correctly.
Steps to reproduce:
1. Create a new query using the PSTREEDEFN record.
2. Do not select any fields.
3. Create a character expression of length 20 with the Unicode string.
4. Select the 'use as field' link.
5. Navigate to the Criteria tab and add criteria: Tree_name = ACCTROLLUP
6. Save the query.
7. Navigate to the Run tab.
8. Observe the results display one row with the Unicode content.
9. Download the output to Excel and open the resulting file.
10. Observe there is one row in the file, but the Unicode string is not displayed correctly.
On PeopleTools 8.54.11, the Unicode output is incorrectly displayed as:
On PeopleTools 8.54.10 and previous versions, the Unicode output is correctly displayed as:
This behavior started after upgrading to PeopleTools 8.54.11.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms