Last updated on APRIL 20, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Supplier Network - Version 5.1 and later
PeopleSoft Enterprise SCM Purchasing - Version 9 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
PO_ACKNOWLEDGE transaction from Supplier Trading Partner via OSN to Peoplesoft Buyer Trading Partner got errors in OSN and shows as SENDING after restricting SSLV3 protocol in the Middleware.
[ Oracle Supplier Network and Transport Layer Security (TLS) Support (Doc ID 1943414.1) ] indicates that OSN Test has already disabled SSLv3 and enabled TLS for Incoming transactions (from OSN into Oracle Applications like EBS and Peoplesoft), so users expect there should be no issue raised by disabling SSLv3 protocol in the Middleware. But when the SSLv3 is disabled in the middleware, the inbound PO Acknowledge transaction from OSN gets errors in OSN and cannot be received into Peoplesoft.
Trading Partner Panamerican Service Corporation
Control Number RESEND.RCVR..1123456.TEST
2/18/2015 1:23 ... Original document: 20150101.1234567890.TEST.doc-1 RE-SENT
2/18/2015 1:23 ... OWF_MGR_TEST.SNW_OUTBOUND_QUEUE RETRY XHUB-261 HTTP POST Exception (Error while posting data : javax.net.ssl.SSLException: Received fatal alert: unexpected_message)
2/18/2015 1:23 ... OWF_MGR_TEST.SNW_OUTBOUND_QUEUE RETRY XHUB-4303 HTTP Post First Timeout (This message has been moved to the retry list due to error: Error while posting data : javax.net.ssl.SSLException: Received fatal alert: unexpected_message)
2/18/2015 1:23 ... ACKNOWLEDGE_PO HTTPS URL Connection OWF_MGR_TEST.SNW_OUTBOUND_QUEUE SENDING
STEPS TO REPRODUCE
1. Verify the Middleware used by the Peoplesoft application that receives transactions from OSN is setup to allow SSLv3 connection
2. Create Purchase Order in Peoplesoft
3. Send the PO through OSN Test to Supplier trading partner
4. As supplier trading partner, respond with PO_ACKNOWLEDGE transaction through OSN Test to Peoplesoft, to acknowledge the PO
5. Receive the PO_ACKNOWLEDGE transaction without issue
6. Modify the Middleware setup of the Peoplesoft application to restrict / not allow SSLv3 connection, and allow only TLS
7. Repeat steps 2-4 above
8. Check for the incoming PO_ACKNOWLEDGE and see it is not received. Review the OSN Test monitor and see the transaction got errors as shown
PO_ACKNOWLEDGE transaction cannot be received from supplier via OSN Test after Disabling SSLv3 protocol on the Middleware for the Peoplesoft application. This should not cause any issues because the OSN Test is already setup to allow TLS protocol and not allow SSLv3 protocol for Incoming transactions (like PO_ACKNOWLEDGE from Supplier through OSNTest to Oracle EBS or Peoplesoft Applications), but instead the transaction gets error in OSN Test when the SSLv3 is disabled on the Middleware.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms