Update Category when Submitting a Change Request Overwrites the Account on a Requisition Line
(Doc ID 2012992.1)
Last updated on NOVEMBER 23, 2019
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise SCM eProcurement - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Update category when submitting a change request overwrites the Account on a Requisition line.
When entering a change request against a requisition line referencing an inactivated category, the category must be updated to an active category. This also updates the account number on the requisition distribution line to the default for the new category. However, the account number field is not editable. The account number should not be updated when updating the category on a sourced requisition.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1) Find an active Purchasing Item Category
2) Enter s Special Request Requisition in ePro using that active item category
3) Update the default account number to a different account number on the req line
4) Submit the req then budget check
5) Quick source to a PO
6) Budget check the PO and run document tolerance verification
7) Dispatch the PO
8) Inactivate the item category which is used for this requisition
9) Enter a change request for this requisition. Update the price.
10) Receive an error message about the item category (this is not the issue). Choose an active item category
11) Save and Submit the change request
12) Note that the Account number on the req line has been changed to the account default from the new item category and this field is not editable. This is an issue as the account number should not be updated by changing the item category.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document