Last updated on OCTOBER 02, 2015
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise SCM Purchasing - Version 9.1 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Adding Miscellaneous Charges to a line through the Header Misc. Charges link is reflected in the MISC_AMT field from the PO_LINE_DISTRIB table, but then deleting the same Misc Charges through the Header Misc. Charges link is NOT reflected in the MISC_AMT field from the PO_LINE_DISTRIB table.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Create a Purchase Order (Approved, with valid budget status).
2. Go to Header Misc. Charges Link.
3. Before adding the charge, check in SQL Developer the MISC_AMT field in PO_LINE_DISTRIB. It is 0.
4. In Header Misc. Charges page, access the Miscellaneous Charges link.
5. Add a miscellaneous charge (negative or positive value). Click OK.
6. Select the charge and click allocate.
7. The charge is now allocated.
8. Save and return to main page.
9. The charge reflects on the header.
10. Query PO_LINE_DISTRIB and see that MISC_AMT field has been updated.
11. Go back to Header Misc Charges link.
12. Remove the Misc. charge instead of setting the charge code to zero and re-allocating.
13. Click OK. The charge is deleted.
14. The amount field will not show any amount. Try to click allocate, but the following message appears: <<Miscellaneous charge code is required. (10200,278). Miscellaneous charge code is required for PO header miscellaneous charge allocation.>>
15. Click ‘Save’ and then return to Main page.
16. The PO header page shows Freight/Tax/Misc. as zero. So the system cleared the Miscellaneous charges, but did not clear them from PO_LINE_DISTRIB.
17. To check this, query the PS_PO_LINE_DISTRIB table and notice that the MISC_AMT is still 30, and not 0.
There are two workarounds for this issue.
1) To get the MISC_AMT removed and updated to 0 in the PO_LINE_DISTRIB table one has to enter the Schedule line, then the Miscellaneous Charges icon, see that there is no Charge there and Save, then Save again the PO.
2) Instead of deleting the misc charges, set the amount field to 0 and allocate so that MISC_AMT field on PO_LINE_DISTRIB gets updated correctly.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms