Last updated on MAY 26, 2015
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise HCM Absence Management - Version 9.1 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Employee absence request are not being routed to the delegation under the same department but reporting to a Manager with multiple jobs.
When using the delivered Manage delegation and the Hierarchy is set as :- By Absence_Mgmt_ByPosnSupervisor (since both Supervisor ID and Position management are to track employee hierarchy), the following occurs in the below scenario:
1. A Manager who has 2 positions as head of 2 departments active ie., A and B.
2. The Manager creates 2 delegations one in each of the above departments - A_Delegation and B_Delegation, both are active.
3. An active employee from Dept B submits an absence request for current date and it redirected to A_delegation instead of B_delegation.
When an employee from Department B submits an absence request, the approval should be directed to B_delegation.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Ensure Manager has multiple jobs
2. Manager to setup delegation
3. Employee saves an Absence Request (such a annual leave) (via Self Service > Time Reporting > Report Time > Absence Request)
4. Check pending approval.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms