E-RCF: Changing Folder Descriptions In Content Related Services Produces A NULL Error.
Last updated on DECEMBER 23, 2016
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise PT PeopleTools - Version 8.52 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When trying to rename a folder in Content Related Services by selecting Spanish or French or Chinese or Dutch etc.. as a Data Language, below error pops up.
First operand of . is NULL, so cannot access member PTCS_FOLDERID. (180,236) PTCS_MENUCFGWRK.PTCS_FOLDERLBL.FieldEdit PCPC:84 Statement:1
The first operand of the dot operator is the NULL value, indicating the lack of any object value. As a consequence, the given method or property cannot be used.
Peopletools Version : 8.52 and later
1. Navigate to peopleTools -> Portal -> Related Content Service -> Manage Related Content Service
2. Click Edit button on selected Content References, for example "Direct Line reports"
3. Navigate tot the “Configure Layout” tab.
4. Click on the Configure Layout button on that page and Add a Folder named “New Folder”
5. Click Ok button and Save the Changes.
6. Now change the Data Language on the right hand side of the screen to Spanish or Chinese or French etc...
7. Now navigate to the newly created folder and try to rename it.
An error message pops up preventing to rename the folder.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms