Last updated on SEPTEMBER 01, 2017
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise HCM Time and Labor - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Manager can no longer approve Reported Time for their own employees if they delegate those approvals to another person then the delegation is revoked, the Unapproved Transactions are not routed back to the original manager.
Unapproved Transaction should be routed back to the Delegator after he revokes authority from the Proxy.
Steps to Recreate:
1. Created Delegation Request.
2. Proxy accepts the delegation.
3. Employee reports time. Clicks on Needs Approval link to verify Approver pending for Proxy as expected.
4. Manager (original delegator) revokes the delegation prior to employee's time being approved.
5. Run Maintain Delegated Authorities process.
6. Login as Administrator check monitor Approvals. Note: Approver stills points to the proxy even though the delegation was revoked.
Original manager loses ability to approve Reported Time after delegation is revoked.
This has also been reported by a 9.1 customer with the following scenario:
On : 9.1 version, Approvals
reported time has two approvers approver a & b, B delegates his approval toA, and approval monitor properly reflects both 1 & 2 approver as approver A. 2nd approver then revokes the delegation, now only one approver shows as
approver B in monitor. Should revert back to both A & B as was set originally before delegation.
Should revert back to both A & B as was set originally before delegation.
Due to this issue, one approver can bypass the multiple approval setup by doing a delegation and then revoking it..
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. setup approval definition to have multiple approvers and result set for an
employee will be approvers A & B
2. B approver delegates to A
3. approval monitor now shows approver as A for both positions
4. revoke the delegation
5. approval monitor displays only one approver now approver B...should have been both as in step 1
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms