CC Line in Emails is Listing the Badge ID's of all the Provider Group Members.
Last updated on JUNE 08, 2017
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise CRM HelpDesk for HR - Version 9.1 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
CC line in emails is listing the badge ID's of all the provider group members. The issue seems to happen for emails sent from cases assigned to the provider group that has options on the set up to "Broadcast to Members", This issue should not happen though because after clicking Email button, the check box for To, CC, BCC was not checked next to this provider group, so email should not have gone out to the provider group or its members. This email was sent from the Notes page of the case by clicking the Email button.
Only selected members that are checked in To, CC, BCC should receive mails.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Open any case from Search Cases. From Notes tab, select this note and click Email button.
2. Click Add Recipients button.
3. Select To and CC and make a note of the Email Address.
4. Now click the Send button. Email should arrive in a couple minutes.
5. This behavior will likely only happen if this Use Members to Broadcast box is checked. That box is checked to send emails to all provider group members rather than just to the provider group mailbox. However, there are a couple issues here. 1) The email/notification should never have been sent to these people because the provider group did not have To/CC/BCC checked on the Outbound Notification page. 2) Even if one of those boxes was checked, then the email address should be used not the user ID.
The issue has the following business impact:
Due to this issue, all the members in the provider group is receiving mails.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms