Last updated on JULY 14, 2015
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise SCM eProcurement - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Changes configured only for tracking on the PO template redirects to reason code page
Reason codes should not be triggered on Purchase Orders. On the PO change template we only have tracked changes configured and on line, hdr, ship to tables. Yet changes made on the PO are triggering reason code for POs created BEFORE the Change Reason Codes had been set up.
Documentation found in Peoplebooks states, Reason codes are not configured for POs:
Reason Codes - Requisitions
Reason codes are available on requisitions when the following actions are performed:
• Requisition Approvals: The requisition approver denies requisition or requisition lines. A confirmation page appears and the approver can enter a reason code and related comments.
• Cancel Requisition Header or Lines Confirmation: The requester cancels a requisition header or line. A confirmation page appears and the user can enter a reason code and comments to support their reasons for canceling the requisition.
Note: If a requester cancels the requisition header, the reason code and comments are copied to all canceled lines. If a requester cancels individual lines and the last line is canceled, the system prompts the requester to cancel the header as well. If the requester cancels the header, the reason code for the header is supplied by default from the last line, and you can change it to a different reason code.
If encumbrances are enabled (in a commitment-controlled environment), the canceled line amounts are deducted from the encumbrance amount.
• Requisition Changes: Changes made to a requisition after approval, budget checking, or sourcing may require the assignment of a reason code, based on the related template and business unit definition set up.
To maintain reason codes for a requisition change, retrieve the tracking change reason code setup from the PeopleSoft Purchasing processing option and show it as a display-only grid. Change templates are used to determine whether changes are tracked, require re-approval, and are used to update purchase order
1) Setup Procurement Change Reason Codes on Purchasing Options
2) On Purchasing Definition, PO Change Options confirm AWE NOT enabled for BU
3) Check Purchase Order Change Template settings (see attached doc)
4) Create a new PO in Open Status (after setup of reason codes in step 1)
5) On the PO change the PO status from Open to Approved; no Reason Code Page
6) Now locate an Open PO dated before the Change Reason Codes that is in Open
Status and open the PO under Manage POs in ePro
7) Change the status from Open to Approved and at this time the Reason Code
Page pops up.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms