E-PORTAL: Related Content Does Not Work with Generic PeopleSoft URLs
Last updated on FEBRUARY 01, 2017
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise PT PeopleTools - Version 8.54 to 8.55 [Release 8.4]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When defining a Related Content Service that is of URL Type 'Generic PeopleSoft URL', the related content service does not work in that:
- 'Show Formed URL' button shows a blank URL
- 'Test Related Content Service' gives error 'That was not a valid URL format.'
- The Related Content Service when assigned to a CREF, will not show up in the Related Content list.
The same Generic PeopleSoft URL works as a regular CREF if defined under Structure & Content.
1. Main Menu > PeopleTools > Portal > Related Content Service > Define Related Content Service
2. Create new
3. Type: Generic PeopleSoft URL
4. Select the local node, e.g. HRMS on a HRMS database
5. Enter a Portal URL, e.g. c/UTILITIES.PSTESTUTIL.GBL
7. Try clicking "Show Formed URL"
8. Try clicking "Test Related Content Service"
a) Show Formed URL: shows blank
b)After clicking "Test Related Content Service", then "Test Related Content Service" again, error displays:
That was not a valid URL format.
c) When assigning above RC service to a CREF, it does not show up.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms