Getting Error when Emailing a Note from Solution or FieldService Service Order Page
(Doc ID 2020248.1)
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 01, 2016
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise CRM Support - Version 9.2 and later
PeopleSoft Enterprise CRM Integrated FieldService - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
After clicking the 'Notification' Toolbar button on Service Order or the Email button on Solution Notes page, when trying to send an email the following error occurs.
"Business Unit, Case ID and Summary are all required to add a note to the case. (17831,9504) RB_MCF_SETUP.RB_APPS_API.Case.OnExecute Name:AddNote PCPC:28224 Statement:484
Called from:ERMS.OutboundNotifications.NotificationToolbar.OnExecute Name:SubmitCMRequest Statement:1095
Called from:ERMS.OutboundNotifications.NotificationToolbar.OnExecute Name:SendNotificationNow Statement:79
Called from:RB_TOOLBAR.ToolbarButton.OnExecute Name:FireButtonMethod Statement:56
Called from:RB_TOOLBAR.Toolbar. (0, "
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Navigate to FieldService > Search Service order
2. Open an existing Service Order
3. Click on 'Notification' button present on Toolbar
4. Select a recipient and click on 'SEND' button
1. Navigate to Solutions > Search Solutions, open a Solution
3. Click on Note Tab
a. If there is no Note, create a new one and select it
b. If there is a note, select the Note
4. Click on Email button
5. Click on Add Recipient
6. Select a recipient with email address
7. Return to Outbound Notification page
8. Click on Send button to send email
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!