Error "Expiration Date cannot be earlier than the Issue Date. (12110,8)" when Adding Tax Exempt Certificate Data for a Customer
Last updated on AUGUST 04, 2016
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise SCM Order Management - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
You observe that when attempting to add Tax Certificate data on the 'Tax Exemption Certificate' page for a Customer (see navigation below), the following incorrect error occurs.
A Tax Exempt Certificate must be issued before it can expire
Steps to replicate the issue:
- Navigate: Customers, Customer Information, General Information.
- Select 'Tax Exempt Certificates' from the header drop down.
- Add a row of Tax Certificate data using an old expired dates (Effective Date, Issued Date, and Expiration Date).
- Exit the page and re-enter it.
- Add a new row of Tax Certificate data, the Effective Date = current date but the Issued Date and Expiration Date are copied from the previous row).
- Update the Issued Date and Expiration Date and make sure that the Issued Date is prior the Expiration Date.
- Save > the above error is issued.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms