Last updated on SEPTEMBER 15, 2016
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN Project Costing - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 9.2 version, Functionality
When attempting to prompt for “Line From” and “Line Through” on Project Costing > Funds Distribution >Funds Budget Exception > Project Journal - Line Exceptions tab,
the following error occurs.
A SQL Error occured. please consult your system log for details
1. Installation Options - Products. Enable the Commitment Control for G/L and Project Costing.
2. Enable the Commitment Control for Unit EGV05.
3. Create a project in EGV05 and change the integration template to EGV05.
4. Create an activity within this Project
5 Create a Fund Distribution Rule. Click on the Target link for the ACT analysis type.
6. Enter a threshold amount for $100. Create a FDF and FDS target row for 80 %and 20 %.
7. Check the Budget check for the FDS row.
8. Go to the G/L tab for the target definition and select Account as 6000 and Department as 20000 for the FDS row.
9. Create a Budget Journal in Commitment Control and select the box “Generate Parent Budget”. When creating the budget make sure that the budget is created for Account 6000 and Department as 10000. ( Different from the department that we specified in the target defn for the FDS row in funds distribution). Create the budget for say $100 and Post it.
10. Add a cost transaction for $10 and populate the GL chartfields and process.
11. Run the Funds Distribution.
12. Open the Project Costing > Funds Distribution >Funds Budget Exception Page.
13. Open the exceptions for the Project
14. Click on the Header Details.
15. The FDS row is in error, but that’s correct because no budget exist for account 6000 and department 20000.
16. Go to Lines Exception tab
17. The issue is with the “Line From” and “Line Through” lookup. When you click on the lookup, it returns an error.
"A SQL Error occured. please consult your system log for details"
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms