E-TR: Tree Manager Does Not Update The Tree Status Correctly
(Doc ID 2024214.1)
Last updated on NOVEMBER 23, 2019
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise PT PeopleTools - Version 8.53 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
PeopleSoft Tree Manager does not show the correct Tree status when A Leaf is removed.
It first shows Tree status 'Draft Tree' after a leaf is removed and tree is saved.
The tree status is then incorrectly changed to 'Valid' after reopening the tree.
Due to this issue, Tree Manager leaves a tree that it knows is an invalid tree in a valid state which can lead to subsequent errors.
The issue can be observed with any tree set up in Tree Manager with "All Detail Values in this Tree" checked.
The issue can be reproduced by following these steps:
1. Verify an existing tree with below Tree Definition option:
- All Detail Values in this Tree = Checked
2. Remove or Add Tree leaf from this tree
- Before removing the tree leaf, tree status 'Valid Tree' ( Last Audit)
- Delete/Add one leaf.
- Click on 'Yes' for pop-up message "Delete XXXX (49,12)?'...Click Yes to confirm your deletion or No to cancel your deletion."
- Save tree. Noted tree status is changed to 'Draft Tree' ( Last Audit).
- Got pop-up message "Some detail not in tree. Please run tree audit to find out the missing details.(25,12)....". Click ok.
- Noted that tree status stays 'Draft Tree' ( Last Audit).
3. But when User goes Out Of the Component and Re-Opens same Tree, Tree Appears Valid
- Verified that the Leaf got removed from the Tree-
- In backend as well the Tree Status is Valid ( query table PSTREEDEFN, field VALID_TREE = 'Y' for concerned tree)
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document