Last updated on MAY 24, 2016
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN Asset Management - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
The asset with ARO obligation and the corresponding ARC asset are both retired early from the system. When running the depreciation close for future periods, the system continues to create the ACR accretion entries for the ARC asset.
It is expected that the ACR accounting entries will cease to be created after retirement of the ACR asset.
This issue can be replicated by performing the following steps:
1) Create the ARO asset.
2) Generate the ARO and generate the ACR asset via the Asset Disposal > ARO Measurement page.
3) Run Transaction Loader (auto-run or through menu, depending on User Preference) to create the ACR Asset.
4) Create accounting entries for the ADD transactions for the ARO and ACR assets.
5) Close depreciation for the fiscal year/periods for the ARO and ACR assets up to the early retirement date.
6) Retire the ARO and ACR asset.
7) Create accounting entries for the RET transactions for the ARO and ACR assets.
8) Close depreciation for the fiscal year/period of retirement.
9) Close depreciation for the fiscal year/period beyond the retirement.
The ACR accounting entries continue to be generated beyond the retirement of the ACR asset.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms