EGL9.1+: Journal Edit Process is not Validating InterUnit Lines With a Book Code Linked to a Closed Period.
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 14, 2016
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN General Ledger - Version 9.1 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 9.1 version, Journal Edit
Journal Edit process is not validating InterUnit lines with a Book Code linked to a closed period.
Journal is edited successfully in Valid status.
It should error out because the accounting period is closed for this Book Code.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
- Book Code B, C and L are active. Book Code B is the default Book Code.
- Adjustment Types are HQ and REG.
- Ledger Codes HQ (linked to Book Code B and C) and REG (linked to Book Code L).
- InterUnit Template CORP is defined for all 3 Book Codes.
- Update Open Period = By Ledger Code in Ledgers For A Unit for US004, US006 and US007.
- Open period for US004, US006 and US007. Make sure REG is open from period 3 to 6 for 2015 and HQ is open from period 5 to 6 for 2015.
- Link InterUnit template CORP to US004, US006 and US007.
- Create a new journal for business unit US004 using journal date 02-MAR-2015.
- Use business unit US006 for journal line 1 and business unit US007 for journal line 2.
- Use Book Code L for both lines.
- Run online journal edit.
- Journal Status is Valid.
- The inter unit lines will be created automatically for US004 with Book code ‘B’ as default InterUnit setup is ‘B’. Now period 3 is not open for US004 (book code ‘B’) but still journal is validated successfully.
The issue has the following business impact:
Due to this issue, journal is edited while it should run into error.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms