Last updated on AUGUST 03, 2015
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise HCM Talent Acquisition Manager - Version 9.1 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When cloning a Job Opening (JO), if the user makes a change to the data but then decides to delete the JO, the user is not automatically returned to the Find Job Openings page but is instead told that they have unsaved data on the page and is asked whether they wish to go back and save or cancel to continue. If the users clicks Cancel then they are returned to the Find Job Openings page which is fine. If however the user actually clicks OK and then Save the following message is given:
Data being updated does not exist (18,4)
An alternative scenario is that the user again clicks OK when asked whether they wish to go back and save or cancel to continue, but instead of clicking Save they click Delete again thinking the data has not been deleted. Once again the user is told that they are about to delete this record and if they click OK then they get an error message when it tries to process the deletion.
Can only delete in draft status (18176,6004) HRS_JOB_OPENING_MANAGER.OBJ_HRS_JOB_OPENING.BUS.JO.OnExecute Name:delJO PCPC:6476 Statement:75
Called from:HRS_JOB_OPENING_MANAGER.CMP_HRS_JOB_OPENING.BUS.JO.OnExecute Name:cancelJO Statement:1484
Called from:HRS_JOB_OPENING_MANAGER.CMP_HRS_JOB_OPENING.BUS.JOController.OnExecute Name:doFldAction Statement:379
Called from:HRS_JOB_OPENING_MANAGER.GBL.HRS_JO_WRK.HRS_CANCEL_BTN.FieldChange Name:delJO Statement:1
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Navigate to Main Menu > Recruiting > Find Job Opening
2. Open an existing Job Opening and then clone the Job Opening to create a new Job Opening with status Draft.
3. Open the newly created Job Opening and perform some changes.
4. Delete the Job Opening without saving the page.
5. A Save warning message is popped out. Click on OK button and then click Save Button on the Find Job Opening page.
6. Peform step 1 to 4. On Save Warning Message, Click on OK and then click Delete Button.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms