Review Shared Information Page Allows Invalid Email Address
Last updated on OCTOBER 05, 2016
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise CS Campus Community - Version 9 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
The Review Shared Information page accepts invalid email addresses. For example, an email address with no @ or . can be entered as email ID. An error message should be displayed on save.
1. Navigate to PeopleTools > Security > User Profiles > User Profiles
2. Click on Add a new value
3. User ID = DA_DELEGATOR_ADMIN_B
4. Press Add
5. In the General tab enter Symbolic ID = <whatever the value you see>, Password = DA_DELEGATOR_ADMIN_B,Conf Password = DA_DELEGATOR_ADMIN_B, Navigator Homepage = <blank>, Process Profile = <blank>, Primary = <blank>, Row Security = <blank>
6. In the ID tab enter ID Type = Employee, EMPLID = CCCG0001, Description = Delegator's User ID_2
7. In the Roles tab enter Role Name = CS - DA Delegator, Role Name = PeopleSoft User, Role Name = Standard Non-Page Permissions
8. Navigate to Campus Community > Personal Information > Biographical > Addresses/Phones > Electronic Addresses
9. Enter ID = CCCG0001 and Press Search
10. In the Electronic Addresses page enter Email Type = Dorm, Email Address = firstname.lastname@example.org, Preferred = Y in Email Information grid
11. Click on Save and Press Ok on any warning message you may get.
12. Navigate to PeopleTools > Security > User Profiles > User Profiles.
13. Add a new value.
14. User ID = DA_PROXY_ADMIN_B and Press Add.
15. In the General tab enter Symbolic ID = <whatever the value you see>, Password = DA_PROXY_ADMIN_B , Conf Password = DA_PROXY_ADMIN_B , Navigator Homepage = <blank>, Process Profile = <blank>, Primary = <blank>, Row Security = <blank>
16. In the ID tab enter ID Type = None, Description = DA_PROXY_ADMIN_B
17. In the Roles tab add Role Name = CS - DA Proxy TermsCond_Test, Role Name = PeopleSoft User, Role Name = Standard Non-Page Permissions
18. Click Save and Press Ok on any warning message you may get.
19. Login with DA_DELEGATOR / DA_DELEGATOR
20. Navigate to Self-Service > Share My Information
21. In the Share My Information - Summary page, press the Delegate Access To a New Contact button
22. In the Share My Information - Terms and Conditions page Press the I Accept button
23. In the Share My Information - Details page enter Contact Name = Mike Pink , Relationship = Roomate , Email address = email@example.com , Conf email = firstname.lastname@example.org
24. In the Transactions grid enter Emergency Contacts = Y , View Holds = Y
25. Click Save and Press Ok on warning message (14025,76)
26. Press Ok on the confirmation message
27. Run the Query
SELECT A.EMPLID, A.SCC_DA_PRXY_NAME, A.SCC_DA_PRXY_EMAIL,
A.SCC_DA_SECURTY_KEY FROM PS_SCC_DA_PROXY A WHERE SCC_DA_PRXY_NAME = 'Treck
Arizona' AND EMPLID = 'CCCG0001' and note down security code
28. Login with the user ID you created above for the proxy: DA_PROXY_ADMIN_B / DA_PROXY_ADMIN_B
29. Navigate to Self-Service > Proxy Terms and Conditions
30. In the Terms and Conditions for accessing somebody else's data page I accept terms and conditions = Y, Security Key = <value you retrieved from the query above>, Contact Email = email@example.com, First Name = Treck, Last Name = Arizona
31. Press Submit
32. Log off
33. Login as PS/PS
34. Navigate to Campus Community > Delegated Access > Review Shared Information
35. Enter Delegator ID = CCCG0001
36. Press Search
37. In the Review Shared Information - Summary page For Treck Arizona Press Edit button
38. Enter Email id = john, Confirm Email = john and click on Save. Error message should be displayed preventing save, but Record saves successfully
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms