EEX9.2: Denied Lines Later Approved are NOT Processed for Payment Results in Imbalanced Acctg, if Using KK Budget Expense Overstated
Last updated on FEBRUARY 13, 2017
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN Expenses - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 9.2 version, Accounting
Expense Report Total does not match with Warrant Register total and Positive Pay file amount.
When budget checked the Expense is overstated for lines that have been denied and then approved.
1) Enable Commitment Control ensure budget check before approval.
2) Create report with multiples lines (in this example used Mileage as the expense type)
3) Budget check the Expense report
4) As the Approver, deny two of the three lines, and send the report back to the employee
5) As the Employee resubmit the report and make no modifications to the existing lines
6) As the Approver Budget check the Report
6) As the Approver deny one of the previously denied lines and approve the Report
7) Stage the Report for payment
The Amount paid to the employee will be for all lines that are approved.
Actual Result: The amount paid to the employee is inaccurate. The employee is NOT reimbursed for previously denied line/s and the result is the budget Expense is then overstated.
Business Impact: Tables store inaccurate data, data inconsistency in EX SHEET HDR to the payment tables.
The KK tables reflect an expense for which the employee is not reimbursed, expense overstated.
Please see replication steps document for more details.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms