Last updated on MARCH 03, 2016
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise SCM Purchasing - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Return To Vendor (RTV) Storage Area/Location Data Entry issues.
The stage date controls are not enabled so users should not have to enter stage date data if they are not using the functionality. That is the issue.It should default if the control is OFF and the field is required.
Field validation issue (Storage Areas/Location should be validated at field level entry not during saving the RTV)
1) Warning -- Invalid Location found for Inv BU XXXX and item XXXX (10302, 97).
2) The conversation rate for item XXXX, UOM, and UOM type XXXX does not exist (11100, 112).
Note that similar errors are issued when trying to use a Default Return to Vendor Storage Location > see Knowledge <Document 1344455.1>.
Steps to reproduce the issue:
1) Add a RTV.
2) Enter Action, Disposition, Reason or accept defaults. Select the select Receipt link.
3) Select Receipt to copy.
4) Enter return quantity ad select the RTV details link.
5) Select icon next to Storage Area to note valid values.
6) Enter an invalid value and tab out of each field. Field validation is not applied. Do not enter a stage date.
7) Selecting OK returns you to the main page. Select the RTV detail icon again.
8) The invalid data is still present and the default stage date does not populate.
9) Save the RTV and the following message appears.
Warning -- Invalid Location found for Inv BU XXXX and item XXXX (10302, 97).
10) Select Ok brings up another message pointing to a UOM issue buts relates to not finding it due to not having entered a stage date.
The conversation rate for item XXXX, UOM, and UOM type XXXX does not exist (11100, 112).
11) The RTV looks to be saved but is not. The warning messages continue. Return to the RTV details.
12) Enter valid storage location data without entering a stage date.
13) Save again. Same BU (10302, 97) message.
14) Same message (11100, 112). No indication that the stage date needs to be populated (Stage date is not enable and should default). Select OK and return RTV details
15) Now Enter the default stage date.
16) RTV Saves.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms