ELM 9.2: An Outdated Course Still Appears In The Catalog Search If You Don't Update It
(Doc ID 2028938.1)
Last updated on NOVEMBER 23, 2019
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise ELM Enterprise Learning Management - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
A course which has an end date at the day D, is still found in the search catalog at the day D+1, after rebuilding the index in delta mode.
If you update this course and rebuild the index in delta mode OR if you rebuild the index in full mode, the course doesn't appear in the search.
The end dated courses should not be available for learners to enroll
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
- On the day D, create a course with an end date the day D
- Rebuild the index in delta mode => the course is found in the search catalog
- On the day D+1, search the course => found
- Rebuild the index in DELTA mode
- Search the course => found => defect
- Update any field of the course
- Rebuild the index in delta mode
- Search the course => not found
The rebuilding of the index in DELTA mode does not take into account the outdated courses which have not been updated.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document