Performance Issue When Creating A New Procurement Contract From A Large Contract PO
Last updated on JULY 07, 2015
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise SCM Purchasing - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Performance Issue when creating a new Procurement Contract From a Large Contract PO
Problem Summary: The page spins and times out when creating a new contract by copying from an existing contract with 30 Items and 60 Schedules for every Item
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Create a new Contract Single PO Only
2. Header Details. Begin Date as 1/1/2015 and End Date as 12/31/2019, this will create 60 Contract Releases.
3. Add PO Defaults for the contract
4. Create special request 30 contract lines.
5. Add the schedule details for every line
6. Save and Approve the Contract
7. Click on Contract Releases to Populate and stage lines
8. Populate release template and Stage releases.
9. It will Populate 60 Release and then click Stage.
10. Save your Contract and Go to Main Menu> Purchasing> Purchase Orders> Stage/Source Requests> PO Auto Sourcing to Source the Contract Line to a PO.
11. Run the process and check the PO
12. Get the PO details from the Contract
13. Check the associated PO ID in Purchasing, Click the search button. The PO ID comes in the search result quickly but when you click PO ID in the search result to open the PO it spins a bit (60+ seconds) to open the PO.
14. Create a new Contract Single PO Only from a previously created contract (Steps 1 -9)
15. Data from the previous contract is loaded onto the new one, now try saving the contract
16. Its Spins and Times out.
Set Up Financials/Supply Chain Common Definitions User Preferences Define User Preferences
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms