Cross Plan Validation: Dependent Plan Does Not Terminate When the Controlling Plan is Terminated by Force Finalization Due to Lack of Required Proof
Last updated on JANUARY 16, 2018
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise HCM Benefits Administration - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When an employee loses eligibility for their current enrollment in a cross-plan controlling plan (changing Benefit Program to one that does not contain the enrolled plan) and proof (Evidence of Insurability or EOI) is required but not provided for the plan selected in its place, the cross-plan-dependent plan is not terminated by Benefits Administration when the event is force finalized, terminating the controlling plan and recording a Waive for the employee.
1. Change an employee’s Job record to move him/her to a different Benefit Program (Navigation: Workforce Administration > Job Information > Job Data.
2. Create the employee’s event (Navigation: Benefits > Manage Automated Enrollment > Events > On-Demand Event Maintenance).
3. In election entry, select a plan that requires proof (Evidence of Insurability or EOI) but do not enter proof (Election Entry button).
4. Validate/Finalize the event, resulting in a status of Election Error (Validate/Finalize button).
5. To force the completion of the event, select Finalize/Apply Defaults and then Validate/Finalize again (Finalize/Apply Defaults check box and Validate/Finalize button).
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms