EAP: Prepaid not applied to Regular Voucher with Withholding Basis Amt Override
Last updated on JANUARY 22, 2018
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN Payables - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Prepaid Voucher created for a Withholding Vendor with the Withholding Basis Amt Override field populated. Regular Voucher created for the same Withholding Vendor with 2 Voucher Lines. One of the Voucher Lines has the Withholding Basis Amt Override field populated and the other Voucher Line is setup as non-Withholding. Regular Voucher has the Prepaid Ref field populated with the same Prepaid Ref of the Prepaid Voucher. When Voucher Posting is run, the Prepaid Voucher is not being applied to the Regular Voucher even through the Total and Withholding Basis Amt Override amounts are the same.
What steps need to be done in order to get this scenario to work?
1. Withholding Entity, Apply Withholding = Withhold at Voucher Posting
2. Create a Prepaid Voucher for a Withholding Vendor for Total = 1020.74
3. On the Voucher > Withholding Information page, Withholding Basis Amt Override = 732.00
4. Voucher >Attributes page, Prepaid Ref = MISS_P1
5. Run Voucher Posting
6. Manually pay the Prepaid voucher by recording a manual payment, Reference = MISS_P1
7. Run Payment Posting.
8. Create a Regular Voucher
a. Use the same Supplier in Step 2
b. Total = 1020.74
c. Voucher has 2 Voucher lines
d. Voucher Line 1 has Line Amount = 893.04
e. Voucher Line 2 has Line Amount = 127.70
f. Access the Voucher > Withholding Information page
g. For Line 1, Withholding Basis Amt Override = 732.00
h. For Line 2, delete the line and un-check the box for Withholding Applicable
9. Save the Voucher
10. Voucher > Voucher Attributes page, Prepaid Ref = PREPAID1 and check the box for Automatically Apply Prepayment
11. Run Voucher Posting
12. Voucher is posted and 2 Payment Schedules are created but Payment 1 is not paid. Reference field is still blank. Prepaid Voucher was not applied to the Regular Voucher.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms