ECM: AP_APY2015 Pay Cycle Not Deleting Processed Data from PS_PAYMENT_T Temp Table
(Doc ID 2037415.1)
Last updated on JANUARY 14, 2020
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN Cash Management - Version 9.1 to 9.1 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When running a netting pay cycle with document sequencing enabled, rows are being inserted into the PS_PAYMENT_T temporary table. There is no statement to delete this processed data afterwards so the table keeps on growing.
Later when the AP_APY2015 process runs for a netting pay cycle, TR_NET_ARCLS.DOCSEQ.SETDOCSE Do Select is called and it loops for all the rows in the PS_PAYMENT_T in order to update the document sequence number for payments. So due to old data being present, this increases the processing time and might cause performance issues.
Old entries in the PS_PAYMENT_T record would need to be manually deleted in order to enhance netting pay cycle performance.
1. Enable document sequencing
2. On Vendors > Vendor Information > Add/Update > Vendor, enable netting on the vendor location.
3. Go to Cash Management > Administer Cash > Netting Participants, and create netting participant for netting contract between vendor and customer
4. Go to Cash Management > Administer Cash > Netting Contacts, and create netting contract for above netting participant
5. Navigate to Accounts Payable > Vouchers > Add/Update > Regular Entry, and create voucher
6. Add item
7. Run receivables update: Item created
8. Navigate to Cash Management > Bi-Lateral Netting > Automatic Netting Selection, and run automatic netting selection process: Netting Reference ID created
9. Go to Accounts Payable > Payments > Pay Cycle Processing > Payment Selection Criteria, and create netting pay cycle
10. Query PS_PAYMENT_T: No data
11. Run pay cycle
Row added to PS_PAYMENT_T
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document