E-PRCS: Processes Included In A Nested PSJob Definition Do Not Retain Output Parameters On Recurrence
Last updated on AUGUST 02, 2016
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise PT PeopleTools - Version 8.53 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 8.53 version, Process Scheduler
For a PSJob which contains a nested PSJob running on a recurrence, after the first run of the recurrence the run control reverts back to the system default values for output destination and file type. The same PSJob was working fine in a recurrence for prior release of 8.48 but is no longer working after upgrading to 8.53.
Nested PSJob processes within recurrences are not retaining the run control values for output destination and file type after the initial run. Upon the second recurrence, output destination and file type reverts back to system defaults.
Nested PSJob processes within recurrences should retain run control values throughout the life of the recurrence.
The issue can be reproduced with the following steps:
1) Create a sample PSJob with three sample processes like XRFWIN and save.
2) Create another PSJob and add the prior created PSJob containing the sample processes as the only step, and save.
3) Create a new test recurrence to run every few minutes for some block of time daily and save.
4) Schedule the parent PSJob to run using the new recurrence and be sure to override the default output destination and file type for each of the processes in the PSJob.
5) Monitor the recurrence and compare the second run process details to the first run for each of the processes to observe the output destination and format revert back to default values.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms