EAM: Incorrect Accumulated Depreciation Amount Printed in the Assets Register - ITA Report (AMDP2500) if Store Depr By Period is Specified
Last updated on DECEMBER 02, 2016
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN Asset Management - Version 9.1 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
The Assets Register - ITA report (AMDP2500.SQR) reports Accumulated Depreciation incorrectly when "Store Depr By Period" is specified for the Book.
The issue can be reproduced with the following steps:
1) Go to Set Up Financials/Supply Chain > Business Unit Related > Asset Management > Asset Management Definition > Business Unit/Book Feature and select "Store Depr By Period" for the CORP Book.
2) Go to Express Add and add an Asset with the following values for the CORP and FEDERAL Books:
Transaction Date = 01 January 2014
Accounting Date = 01 January 2014
In Service Date = 01 January 2014
Cost = 36,000.00
Convention = Actual Month (AM)
Method = Straight Line (SL)
Life = 36.
3) Run the Depreciation Calculation process for the Asset Id.
4) Run the Create Accounting Entries process for the Asset Id.
5) Run the Load Depreciation Reporting Table process for 2014 for the Asset Id
6) Check the amounts in the DEPR and STANDARD_DEPR columns in the PS_DEPRECIATION and PS_DEPR_RPT tables. Note that STANDARD_DEPR does not equal DEPR for the CORP Book, while they are equal for the FEDERAL Book.
7) Go to Asset Management -- Financial Reports -- Cost and Depreciation -- Assets Register - ITA, and run the AMDP2500 Fixed Assets Register Report for the Asset Id, specifying As Of Year/Period as 2014/9 (and As Of Date blank) and review the results for the CORP and FEDERAL Books. Note that Accumulated Depreciation is reported correctly for the FEDERAL Book, but is incorrect for the CORP Book.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms