Last updated on AUGUST 13, 2015
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN Contracts - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
The Contract Limits Is Not Creating The OLT And BIL Rows Correctly When Using Discounts. Please see the details of the usecase below
On : 9.2 version, CA & GC: Limits
When a contract line is set up to have discounts, the BIL and OLT rows are not getting created correctly. The ‘Split Limit’ feature is turned on in the installation options. The total billable amount - possible discounts < billing limit and OLTs are getting created without fulfilling the total billing limit
When a contract line is set up to have discounts, the BIL and OLT rows should get created correctly. The ‘Split Limit’ feature is turned on in the installation options. The total billable amount - possible discounts = billing limit and the OLTs should get created only after fulfilling the total billing limit.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. On Contract Installation Options - Split to Match Limit Exactly was turned on.
2. On the Contract Terms Page - Billing limit was $5000 and a Discount ID was specified. The discount amount was a regular 5% discount
3. Rate sets assigned to the contract line will markup BIL rows by 1.25.
4. Create 2 ACT transactions for $3000 and Quantity 15 each
5. As per the rate set, the total billing amount is (3000+3000) * 1.25. But because of billing limit OLT rows are generated
BIL - 3750
BIL - 1437.5
Total BIL = 5187.50 Total discount = 5187.50 * .05 = 259.38. Total BIL - possible discount = 4928.12.
This amount $4928.12 < Billing limit. There is still some amount left that can be billed but still the process created for more OLT than it should
5. Ran the process all the way through billing
BLD - 3750
BLD - 1437.5
SUT - 81.94
Total BLD - Total DSC = 4928.12 which is less than the billing limit.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms